Thursday, November 26, 2009

Random Stoke

Well, today is thanksgiving and I'm still sitting in the high desert craving some of the white fluffy stuff. I keep telling myself soon, soon. I'm addicted, I know.

But today I discussed my Christmas present with my family and figured that the best thing for the family to go in on together would be a new avalanche beacon. I did my training on an Ortovox D3 and have about 20 backcountry days using a D3, but I opted for a Backcountry Access Tracker DTS. Along with the beacon, I'm grabbing a Black Diamond 265 Probe and a Deploy 7 shovel. Overall I'm pretty stoked, and hopefully I'll be carrying this stuff into the backcountry soon enough. I just need to get my hands on some snowshoes now. Soon. Very Soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment